DELAY

Paul Lansky D0430 at PUCC.BITNET
Wed Oct 1 13:35:01 AEST 1986

In a driver we have for some D-A converters (under Ultrix 1.1)
I put a DELAY(bignumber) (about 1/2 second) in at clean-up time to
give the DACs a chance to reset themselves properly.  This has
the effect, however, of suspending all system activity for that
amount of time.  From the looks of the code (in machdep.c) I don't
see why this would happen since there seems to be no relevant spl().
I ain't no wizard so I may be missing something fundamental.
Can someone suggest an alternate approach?

Thanks

Paul Lansky
Music Department
Princeton University
            {seismo,ucbvax} .. princeton!winnie!paul
or d0430 at pucc (on bitnet)