RAxx disk partitons

Dennis R. Conley conley%ukans.csnet at RELAY.CS.NET
Sat Oct 11 18:59:39 AEST 1986

Once again, I am compelled to ponder the rationale behind the choice
of partition sizes for RA disks ( in particular, those for ra81's in
4.3 ). It appears that the partitions begin on cylinder boundries, but
end short of cylinder boundries, resulting in chunks of unused sectors
between the partitons. Can anyone out there educate me on the purpose of
this game of "musical sectors", or have I been living in the outback
of Neptune a little too long?

	Thanks in advance,

	Dennis Conley
	Systems Programmer