editor reverse line bet

P. D. Guthrie pdg at ihdev.UUCP
Mon Oct 13 05:57:36 AEST 1986

>P.S. A friend of mine wrote an operating system simulator in the
>macro language of the last editor.  It included job scheduling,
>printer queueing, memory resource allocation, and cpu utilization.
>Has anyone done THAT in vi?

That reminded me of the nicest star trek game I ever played, that was
written in TV, a TOPS-20 editor.  Then I remembered that TV itself was
written in TECO (as was TOPS-20 EMACS).  Try *that* in VI.  Actually, vi
does have its place - editing over hokey networks that put out ^S/^Q
sequences that can't be turned off.

--

Paul Guthrie					We come in peace,
ihnp4!ihdev!pdg					We bring BEER!