Microport System V/AT help request

Sam A Matthews sam at lanl.ARPA
Thu Oct 2 01:39:14 AEST 1986

	I'm having a problem with Microport's System V/AT running on a
Kaypro 286i, maybe someone out there in netland can help me. First, my
configuration:

	Kaypro 286i
	640k RAM
	30Mb HD
	1.2Mb Floppie (one)
	Everex EGA board
	NEC Multisync Monitor
	Sys V/AT "Complete system"

	I have 2 partitions, 10Mb DOS, 20Mb UNIX.

The problem: When I do a "soft boot" with Ctrl/Alt/Del, I get an error message
in the middle of the screen: "Unexpected SW Interrupt 06 at F000:0059  Type
(R)eboot, any other key to continue" The system hangs at this point requiring
a complete power down to fix.

Microport's telephone support suggests that the problem is with Kaypro. However,
they also point out that they don't have a Kaypro and so cannot duplicate the
problem to be sure.

Has anybody out there tryed Sys V/AT on a Kaypro? Has anybody ever seen this
message? Does it indicate a hardware problem or an incompatibility?

Also, does anybody have a nroff/troff printer driver for an Ebson compatible
parallel printer?

Thanks in advance!

Sam Matthews			       /\|/\     "We put a star
sam at lanl.ARPA			     --> * <--      in a box."
(ihnp4 or cmcl2)!lanl!sam	       \/|\/
Opinions are my own and not necessarily those of your government.