VI(1) vs. the world

Larry Campbell campbell at maynard.UUCP
Fri Oct 17 14:06:56 AEST 1986

In article <690 at galbp.UUCP> mjy at galbp.UUCP (Michael Yoffee) writes:

>	1.  EMACS does NOT have REGULAR EXPRESSIONS which means you
>	    must develop your own pseudo-regular expressions via
>	    macros which is VERY slow(I experimented with this).

Sorry to drag this discussion on, but I'm really curious about this.
What version of EMACS do you use that doesn't have regular expressions?
All three versions I've used (Gosling's, Gnu, and Jove) all have regular
expressions.
--
Larry Campbell            MCI: LCAMPBELL   The Boston Software Works, Inc.
ARPA: campbell%maynard.uucp at harvard.ARPA   120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109