VI(1) vs. the world

Joe Buck jbuck at epimass.UUCP
Fri Oct 17 08:31:09 AEST 1986

I was going to drop out of the editor wars, but can't let
misinformation go uncorrected.

In article <690 at galbp.UUCP> mjy at galbp.UUCP (Michael Yoffee) writes:
>	1.  EMACS does NOT have REGULAR EXPRESSIONS which means you
>	    must develop your own pseudo-regular expressions via
>	    macros which is VERY slow(I experimented with this).

Both GosEmacs (Unipress) and GNU have regular expressions!  What
Emacs are you talking about?  They're actually a superset of the ones
in vi!  Next time RTFM before posting.

--
- Joe Buck 	{hplabs,fortune}!oliveb!epimass!jbuck, nsc!csi!epimass!jbuck
  Entropic Processing, Inc., Cupertino, California