4.2 \"soft ecc\" errors

Amos Shapir amos at instable.UUCP
Thu Sep 25 23:57:25 AEST 1986

In article <4073 at brl-smoke.ARPA> root at LBL-CSAM.arpa writes:
>HELP, please!
>
>I am running a VAX 751, with 2.0 MB of TRENDATA memory.  I recently
>moved from 4.1 to 4.2 OS.  Ever since, I get the following error
>message at about 10 minute intervals:
>
>	mcr0: soft ecc addr xxx syn yy

We also had these messages; every now and then, the ecc error occurs
in a translation buffer, and the system crashes (that's why we call it
'instable'). Last week we replaced a NS memory board by a DEC board,
and didnt have any such message any more.
--
	Amos Shapir

National Semiconductor (Israel)
6 Maskit st. P.O.B. 3007, Herzlia 46104, Israel
(01-972) 52-522261
34.49'E 32.10'N