DRV11

Hurf Sheldon hurf at batcomputer.TN.CORNELL.EDU
Sat Sep 6 06:45:10 AEST 1986

In article <223 at uwmacc.UUCP> aura at uwmacc.UUCP (aura berquist) writes:

>Has anyone in netland ever heard of or actually successfully used a DRV11
>parallel i/f with a uVaxII?
>
>We are running 32m Ultrix version 1.1 on an uVaxII and the board is not
>being recognized.  Examination of the csr register results in "illegal
>address".  However, examination of the csr of the same board on other
>Q22 bus machines (excluding uVaxII's) is successful.
>
>Is there something specific to the uVaxII that is obstructing recognition
>of the DRV11?
>
>	Tom Jones ...!uwmacc!sal70!jones

  Here is what I know to date: You can acess a drv11 board from a uvaxII

                               To do this it must have a driver for Ultrix1.x
  built into the kernal - the reason being that the qbus on the uvax isn't
  logically a qbus but rather a unibus. We presently are trying to get
  a driver for a dr11(unibus) running on the uvax. It drops right in the
  kernal and seems to work - I have not gotten everything working but that
  most likely due to my extreme lack of knowledge on the subject of referencing
  drivers from programs. I would be glad to share names & experiences if you
  want to call.

     Hurf Sheldon			Arpa.css: Hurf at ionvax.tn.cornell.edu
     Lab of Plasma Studies
     369 Upson Hall			phone: 607 255 7267