DH11 history

Robert Switzer KA2CZU rs2 at houxu.UUCP
Mon Sep 29 23:22:18 AEST 1986

<>
Just a little DZ11 anecdote:

Although I can't give specific references, I was on a heavy serial I/O
project using PDP 11/70's and the famous DH11 when we had to convert to
the DZ11.  My understanding was that the designer of the DZ11 had *no*
previous telecom. experience.  Should/Does that make any difference?
I don't know but judging from some of the kludges we had to put into the
driver for that box, I think it does.

Enjoy,

--
<Disclaimer: the above are my sole representations and not the
 official opinion of my employer>