upgrades to 4.3bsd DEQNA driver?

J Q Johnson jqj at cornell.UUCP
Fri Sep 12 06:34:27 AEST 1986

We recently had the DEQNAs on our microVAXes upgraded to rev E1/E2 to fix
the infamous "DEQNA hanging" problem.  Along with the hardware upgrade came
a document describing suggested software changes.  It is claimed that the
combination of software and hardware changes will finally like those annoying
Ethernet hangs.

On cursory examination, it appears that the 4.3bsd DEQNA driver does not
incorporate all of these software fixes; has anyone out there had time to
look closely at the driver (if_qe.c) and compare it with the FCO to see
what if anything should be changed?