So WHEN IS daylight saving time

Robert_Toxen%anvil.UUCP at harvard.HARVARD.EDU Robert_Toxen%anvil.UUCP at harvard.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Sep 12 06:06:17 AEST 1986

The multitudes on the net who aren't going to buy new hardware but DO need to
edit ctime.c and get it into a release before the change would like to know:

WHAT IS THE CHANGE IN DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME?

Unless you are absolutely 100% sure and ready to be lynched by thousands of
angry people if you are wrong there is no reason to reply.  The actual numbers
to plug into daytab[] would be terrific.  Be sure to specify what years you
are talking about.  I would guess that the change is for going off daylight
time in the fall of 1987 and going back on in the spring of 1988.  I hope
that they haven't scheduled it for 1986!

Btw, those of you who want to save a few cycles can change the line in
localtime() that reads:

        if (ct->tm_year == 74 || ct->tm_year == 75)

        if (ct->tm_year <= 75 && ct->tm-year >= 74)

Bob Toxen
Stratus Computer
{ucbvax!ihnp4,harvard}!anvil!bob        (Please use THIS address to reply)
"panic: can't happen"