tip: ioctl: bad file number

Wayne Thompson waynet at tolerant.UUCP
Fri Sep 26 19:25:35 AEST 1986

We seem to be running into problems with tip/cu dialing out.
as I said before tip: ioctl: bad file number. I should learn dbx one of
these days, in the mean time we're input bound. I call tip/cu with a
phone number as an argument and it seems that hunt.c tries to open all
the dial-out lines to count how many are available before tip.c grabs
one. It appears that no error checking on the open is performed.
This seems to be problem resultant from premature demise of tip/cu.
Any ideas?
--
Which is worse ignorance or apathy? Who knows, who cares.

Wayne Thompson
..{bene,mordor,nsc,oliveb,pyramid,ucbvax}!tolerant!waynet

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to discern who is
responsible for these opinions, the poster or the company he works for.
Good luck!!