anyone running Nmake or ASD?

billj at zaphod.UUCP billj at zaphod.UUCP
Mon Jan 12 11:19:13 AEST 1987

We've bought Nmake and ASD from the AT&T Toolchest and are interested
in corresponding with anyone else using them to exchange usage tips and
bug fixes, particularly for Nmake.  We run both of them under Ultrix
1.2 (4.2BSD) on a Vax, and have also ported to Zeus 3.21 (System III)
on a Zilog S8000.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Nmake is a
rewrite of the old Make program, with support for source files in
multiple directories, dynamic dependency generation, and portable
makefiles, among other things.   ASD (Automatic Software Distribution)
is an aid for maintaining software packages consistently among multiple
machines.  The AT&T Toolchest is an on-line distribution system for
purchasing unsupported AT&T software packages.   To find out about it,
call 1-800-828-UNIX, 1-919-279-3666, or your nearest AT&T office.  Or
call the Toolchest itself, 1-201-522-6900, login "guest".  (This is
intended not as advertising for AT&T, but to forestall followups or
mail requesting just this info.)
--
Bill Jones, Develcon Electronics, 856 51 St E, Saskatoon S7K 5C7 Canada
uucp:  ...alberta!sask!zaphod!billj              phone:  (306) 931-1504