Looking for UNIX "AIM" benchmark.

Dan Ehrlich ehrlich at psuvax1.UUCP
Wed Jan 14 23:58:01 AEST 1987

In article <820 at oakhill.UUCP> jimk at oakhill.UUCP (Jim Klingshirn) writes:
>Has anyone heard of a benchmark called "AIM"?   Apparently it is some type of
>UNIX benchmark.  I am looking for source code and any results from other
>machines.

The "AIM" benchmarks are marketed by AIM Technologies, sorry I do not remeber
their address.  They are not public domain.  The license agreement requires
that the user will not even distribute the results of the bencmarks except
to AIM or another AIM licensee.  At my previous position the benchmarks were
used to profile a number of different VAXen running either BSD UNIX or Ultrix.
The claim is that the programs will run on practically any machine that has
a C compiler that complies with K&R.

--Daniel Ehrlich
UUCP:     {burdvax,cbosgd,cmcl2,pitt,ihnp4}!psuvax1!ehrlich
CSNET:    ehrlich at penn-state.csnet  USPS: The Pennsylvania State University
INTERNET: ehrlich at psuvax1.psu.edu         Department of Computer Science
BITNET:   ehrlich at psuvax1.bitnet          333 Whitmore Laboratory
BELL:     +1 814 863 1142                 University Park, PA   16802
Quote: "The sky is blue so we know where to stop mowing."  Judge Harold T. Stone
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not reflect the
            opinions, or policies, of The Pennsylvania State University or the
            Department of Computer Science.