tftp bug on 4.2BSD Unix

sharma at uicsrd.UUCP sharma at uicsrd.UUCP
Tue Jan 6 17:51:00 AEST 1987

	Exactly the same system configuration and exactly the same problem -
except that we have a 780. Timeout occurs during both "put" and "get".

	When transferring large text or binary files from the PC to the Vax,
timeout occurs consistently after 10K bytes - and it takes 150 (+- 3) seconds
to do the transfer. Smaller files get transferred quite easily. I have
played around with all sorts of tftp parameters on the PC and nothing seems
to affect the results. On the Vax, I don't see any configuration file
anywhere - all configuration parameters seem to be compiled it. Does
anybody out there know what should be changed ?

	We also have an Alliant machine - and using the same tftp ( same as
that on the vax, but recompiled for the Alliant ), I can tranfer the large
files from the PC to the Alliant BUT not back to the PC. "get" works but
"put" times out. Does anybody have any clue to what the problem is ?

					Madhu Sharma
					Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
					..!ihnp4!uiucdcs!uicsrd!sharma
					or