Lost characters under 4.3 BSD UNIX

rbj at icst-cmr.arpa rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Sat Mar 14 10:49:22 AEST 1987

? Under 4.3 BSD I've been getting a problem with XON/XOFF.  I am using a
? DEC VT100 to connect to the 4.3 system.  I use the same terminal under
? 4.1 on the same VAX (I just put some different packs ...
?
? 			Jon Eichelberger
? 			eichelbe at NADC.ARPA

4.3 uses DMA on output if devices support it. I don't know exactly what
control there is over maximum lines, etc. My VT100 manual sez its buffer
is 64 chars. XOFF sent at 32 and XON at 16. Try either, [1] a terminal with
a bigger buffer, [2] stty nl1 or cr1, or [3] check out ways to limit the
size of DMA (or even turn it off) in the driver. Good luck.

	(Root Boy) Jim "Just Say Yes" Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	Look into my eyes and try to forget that you have a Macy's charge card!