Lost characters under 4.3 BSD UNIX

eichelbe at nadc.arpa eichelbe at nadc.arpa
Thu Mar 12 13:13:17 AEST 1987

I am bringing up 4.3 BSD UNIX on a VAX 11/780.  We have some boards
from EMULEX (CS11 hardware) that perform DEC DH11 emulation.  Our
current 4.1 BSD UNIX system has no problem using these boards.  We are
going through a Sytek localnet to get to the DH's, and thus the VAX.

Under 4.3 BSD I've been getting a problem with XON/XOFF.  I am using a
DEC VT100 to connect to the 4.3 system.  I use the same terminal under
4.1 on the same VAX (I just put some different packs and a different
floppy in when I bring up 4.3).  Under 4.3, if I type something like
"ps ax" and type a control S while the output is coming out, and then
type a control Q, I lose some of my output. (In fact, this will happen
with any output to the terminal of more than a few lines.)  This
doesn't happen under 4.1.  I am ruling out the terminal and the
localnet because they are not variables.  The gettytab entry I use
under 4.3 BSD is as follows:

default:\
	:ap:fd#1000:im=\r\n\r\n%h 4.3 BSD UNIX on port %t\r\n\r\n:sp#1200:

Sytek-9600:\
	:sp#9600:

---
Does anyone know what could be going wrong?  Are there any known bugs and fixes
for the terminal driver stuff, especially dh.c ?  Is there something missing
from my gettytab entry (Sytek-9600) ?

Any info would be appreciated.

		Thank you.
			Jon Eichelberger