upgrades and local mods (was .l vs .1)

forys at boulder.UUCP forys at boulder.UUCP
Wed Mar 11 19:08:15 AEST 1987

In article <648 at vu-vlsi.UUCP> perry at vu-vlsi.UUCP (Rick Perry) writes:
> Pyramid provides some programs called 'rls' and 'rlscmp' plus a list
> of files (including stuff similiar to 'ls -lg' plus a checksum) as they
> should be if you haven't modified anything in the old release.  With these
> programs you can easily generate lists of what files have been added and
> what files have been changed from the standard distribution [...]

Why not just do an `ls -lt' of the directories?  It gets you a sorted list
of everything that's been changed.  Then, all you gotta do is meticulously
plow thru each directory and check out the modified files (I've actually
managed a couple *clean* upgrades this way).  'cept, of course, I *always*
forget to do a `df' before starting.  Oh yeah, and you need a pizza too...
---
Jeff Forys @ UC/Boulder Engineering Research Comp Cntr (303-492-6096)
forys at Boulder.Colorado.Edu  -or-  ..!{hao|nbires}!boulder!forys