Unix userid conventions

apn at nonvon.UUCP apn at nonvon.UUCP
Thu Mar 12 16:10:40 AEST 1987

	I don't think that the basic assumption is valid:
	scrambled userid's  == better security

        while, It *is* certainly true that
	scrambled userid's  == more confusion

        Could someone clarify this to me. Why is it , that by having
        an obscure sequence of characters in your login name, security
        is compromised/enhanced of the ability to login as that user ?

--
	UUCP:   {sun, seismo, amdahl, lll-crg, 'etc'}!ptsfa!nonvon!apn

{* Only those who attempt the absurd   ...   will achieve the impossible   *}
{* I think... I think it's in my basement... Let me go upstairs and check. *}
{*                                                      -escher            *}