Real Time UNIX

Dave Decot decot at hpisod2.HP.COM
Thu Apr 7 13:53:54 AEST 1988

Hewlett-Packard offers a broad range of technical systems which run HP-UX, a
version of UNIX conforming to Version 3 of AT&T's System V Verification Suite
(SVVS) that verifies conformance to the System V Interface Definition (SVID).

HP-UX also includes most of the important 4.2BSD features (such as vi, csh,
Berkeley-based kernel and fast file system, job control, rlogin, rcp,
ARPA networking (TCP/IP), sockets), many defacto standards (such as NFS,
ksh, kermit, etc.), plus many HP enhancements.

The HP enhancements for real-time include the following:

	Non-degrading process priorities
	Kernel is pre-emptable by high-priority user processes
	Virtual, real, and user interval timers
	Reliable signal mechanism based on that of 4.2BSD
	Multiplexed I/O arbitration based on that in 4.2BSD
	Locking of processes or parts of processes in physical memory
	Pre-allocation of disc space for important files

For more specific detail and up-to-date pricing information, please
write to me, or call 800-752-0900 for the location of the nearest
HP sales office.

Dave Decot
hpda!decot
Hewlett-Packard Company
Cupertino, CA  94087

--------
Disclaimer: This message is for informative purposes only and does not
constitute an official HP product offering.

Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T.
Copyright (c) 1986, 1987, 1988 HP