Real Time UNIX

Larry McVoy lm at arizona.edu
Wed Apr 6 16:43:43 AEST 1988

In article <765 at hydra.riacs.edu> dave at hydra.riacs.edu.UUCP (Dave Gehrt) writes:
>In article <12825 at brl-adm.ARPA> REILLY at wharton.upenn.edu writes:
>>I'm looking for a real time UNIX box...
>
>There was an outfit in San Diego called Alcyon, sorry but I have no phone
>number for them, who were the developers of REGULUS, which is a Unix like
>operating system with some real time extensions.

If I'm not mistaken I played with regulus a long time ago.  My opinion is
that you would be better off with Masscomp boxes.  They have a real unix
environment (sys V and BSD universes - someone else does this too - and
can stream 5 megs / sec to disk - can't remember if it's bits or bytes).
--
"These aren't my thoughts, they're my cat walking on the keyboard."

Larry McVoy	lm at arizona.edu or ...!{uwvax,sun}!arizona.edu!lm