EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

Dave Goldblatt dave at sun.soe.clarkson.edu
Wed Apr 20 08:44:56 AEST 1988

>From article <52 at lakart.UUCP>, by dg at lakart.UUCP (David Goodenough):
>
> When you format a hard disk EVERYTHING on it goes (I know as I have been
> messing with hard disk drivers for about six months now). Without backup
> it is lost forever.

Wrong.  The only thing erases in normal versions of DOS are the FATs
and directory info.  Data is not erased unless you actually overwrite the
sectors containing it.

Move all followups to comp.sys.ibm.pc, ok?

-dg-

Internet: dave at sun.soe.clarkson.edu    or:   dave at clutx.clarkson.edu
BITNET:   dave at CLUTX.Bitnet            uucp: {rpics, gould}!clutx!dave
Matrix:   Dave Goldblatt @ 1:260/360   ICBM: Why do you want to know? :-)