EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN

David Goodenough dg at lakart.UUCP
Sat Apr 16 03:29:26 AEST 1988

>From article <12951 at brl-adm.ARPA>, by dschultz at belvoir-mail1.arpa:
> HELP!!!!!!
> SOMETIME TODAY SOME  #$%$#$#$$#*&%##!!!!! PERSON FORMATTED A HARD DISK
> ON A ZENITH 248 COMPUTER RUNNING MS-DOS 3.1 !!!!
>
> There was important data on this disk and needless to say it was not backed
> up recently.

When you format a hard disk EVERYTHING on it goes (I know as I have been
messing with hard disk drivers for about six months now). Without backup
it is lost forever.

The moral of the story

DDDD     OOO         Y   Y    OOO    U   U   RRRR
D   D   O   O         Y Y    O   O   U   U   R   R
D   D   O   O          Y     O   O   U   U   R   R
D   D   O   O          Y     O   O   U   U   RRRR
D   D   O   O          Y     O   O   U   U   R R
D   D   O   O          Y     O   O   U   U   R  R
DDDD     OOO           Y      OOO     UUU    R   R

BBBB      A      CCC    K   K   U   U   PPPP     SSS
B   B    A A    C   C   K  K    U   U   P   P   S   S
B   B   A   A   C       K K     U   U   P   P   S
BBBB    AAAAA   C       KK      U   U   PPPP     SSS
B   B   A   A   C       K K     U   U   P           S
B   B   A   A   C   C   K  K    U   U   P       S   S
BBBB    A   A    CCC    K   K    UUU    P        SSS

--
	dg at lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough		+---+
							| +-+-+
	....... !harvard!adelie!cfisun!lakart!dg	+-+-+ |
						  	  +---+