errant files

VEC2098%RITVAX.BITNET at cornellc.ccs.cornell.edu VEC2098%RITVAX.BITNET at cornellc.ccs.cornell.edu
Fri Apr 29 01:08:40 AEST 1988

        Oh masters of Unix, I [being a low level apprentice] have a request.
        I have a file in a directory the shows up as -rw-r--r-- etc. when
        I do an ls -al on the file. Now I want to get rid of this file but
        chmod does not work, it just acts as if the file does not exist,
        yet the file gets listed in the directory. Any help would be
        appreciated. Thanx in advance.

        "Man does not live by crime-fighting alone."
                                                        Batman

        Vance Cochrane
        Dept. of Computer Engineering
        Rochester Institute of Technology