Arithmetic bug in csh. An explanation and a question.

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Sat Apr 23 06:47:26 AEST 1988

   From: Michael Greim <greim at sbsvax.uucp>

   This right associativity is of course going against what one would exspect.
   (I hope my English is understandibilitish :-)

Ouch! And yes, your English has understandibilishfullnesstivity.

		   Michael

   PS: I will change my local csh version to get left associativity, and
	   implement some other changes too, like an operator '.' for
	   concatenation of strings (to get complicated patterns) and
	   enabeling evaluation of `...` as a primitive.

We already have concatenation: ${x}${y}. What does `...` mean?
Perhaps you might post your changes to the appropriate source group?

   | UUCP:  ...!uunet!unido!sbsvax!greim   | Michael T. Greim                 |
   |        or greim at sbsvax.UUCP           | Universitaet des Saarlandes      |
   | CSNET: greim%sbsvax.uucp at Germany.CSnet| FB 10 - Informatik (Dept. of CS) |
   | ARPA:  greim%sbsvax.uucp at uunet.UU.NET | Bau 36, Im Stadtwald 15          |
   | Phone: +49 681 302 2434               | D-6600 Saarbruecken 11,W Germany |

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	Go on, EMOTE!  I was RAISED on thought balloons!!