terminfo

Barry Margolin barmar at think.COM
Fri Aug 26 05:33:53 AEST 1988

In article <10544 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> cjc at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Chris Calabrese[rs]) writes:
>3) terminfo handles input escape sequences, such as what the arrow
>keys return and what the function keys return, keyboard remapping, and
>other useful input features that termcap just don't have.

Maybe AT&T Unix doesn't have them, but I just checked the manual page
for termcap on our Sun and it has k0-k9, which specify the sequences
transmitted by function keys 0 thru 9 (unfortunaely, some terminals
have more than ten numbered functions keys), and other specifiers for
what other special function keys transmit.

Barry Margolin
Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar at think.com
{uunet,harvard}!think!barmar