terminfo

Michael "Ford" Ditto ditto at cbmvax.UUCP
Fri Aug 26 03:34:21 AEST 1988

In article <10544 at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com> cjc at ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Chris Calabrese[rs]) writes:
>3) terminfo handles input escape sequences, such as what the arrow
>keys return and what the function keys return, keyboard remapping, and
>other useful input features that termcap just don't have.

But termcap *will* have that if you put it in...  A significant advantage
of termcap over terminfo is that it is "free form" ... you can add
capabilities without having to redefine (and recompile) your database.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate, of course; I think terminfo is
superior overall.
--
					-=] Ford [=-

	.		.		(In Real Life: Mike Ditto)
.	    :	       ,		ford at kenobi.cts.com
This space under construction,		...!ucsd!elgar!ford
pardon our dust.			ditto at cbmvax.commodore.com