Plan 9?

Mike Van Pelt vanpelt at unisv.UUCP
Thu Aug 18 02:20:15 AEST 1988

In article <8344 at smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>There are many good new ideas that can be incorporated into
>future operating systems.  ...  There is one in
>the works called "Plan 9" that embodies some good concepts..

"Plan 9"... as in "Plan 9 From Outer Space"?

Somehow I have to think they're going to change the name
before marketing it.

Sounds interesting, though.  Who's working on it; where can
I get more information?  (Unless it's another one of these
relentlessly interactive, icon-based, rodent-infested,
dumb-user-friendly, smart-user-crippling systems that are
so trendy these days, in which case I'm not interested.)
--
Mike Van Pelt                     Help stamp out Mickey-Mouse
Unisys Silicon Valley                computer interfaces --