Plan 9?

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.ARPA
Thu Aug 18 06:29:29 AEST 1988

In article <565 at unisv.UUCP> vanpelt at unisv.UUCP (Mike Van Pelt) writes:
>Who's working on it;

It's a research project at Bell Labs.  I don't want to name the
participants, to spare them being deluged with inquiries.

>where can I get more information?

I believe there was a report given at a recent EUUG meeting;
perhaps there's something in the proceedings.  (Wish I had a copy.)
I'm sure there will be more published as the project proceeds.

>(Unless it's another one of these relentlessly interactive, icon-based,
>rodent-infested, dumb-user-friendly, smart-user-crippling systems that
>are so trendy these days, in which case I'm not interested.)

No, it's a post-UNIX distributed system that supports networked
workstations in a different way than you're accustomed to seeing.

Not all bit-map mouse-using systems are designed for dumb users.