CRON w/o logging (reprise)

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Tue Aug 16 01:29:12 AEST 1988

I recently asked for help with a problem on a 3b2/400 running SysV R3.1.2.
To wit, after a couple of days of norml operation, cron has stopped
writing to /usr/lib/cron/log.  Several people have suggested that the
file may be too big, and that I should check the ulimit.

The file is still less than 4096 bytes.  ulimit is 20480.  So I'm still
in need of help.

Incidentally, cron is still executing the crontab files -- it's just not
logging its actions.

Thanks.

Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division                   ...!att!jonlab!mccc!pjh
Mercer College			CompuServe: 70240,334
1200 Old Trenton Road           GEnie: PJHOLSBERG
Trenton, NJ 08690               Voice: 1-609-586-4800