REMOTE REJECT Failure (also annonymous uucp)

Randy_Davis rjd at occrsh.ATT.COM
Tue Aug 16 03:24:19 AEST 1988

In article <1988Aug13.185324.1409 at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> woods at gpu.utcs.Toronto.EDU (Greg Woods) writes:
:Does anyone know of any special tricks required to allow annonymous UUCP
:connections to HDB Uucp, specifically 386/ix's version?
:
:I tried a Permissions entry for LOGNAME=nuucp, and MACHINE=OTHER, and
:combinations of both, merged, and not merged, but I always get "call
:from unknown system" messages.  As soon as I put an entry in the Systems
:file, all works fine, even if they login as nuucp.
:
:I've had a fair amount of experience with HDB Uucp, and V7 Uucp, but
:when I think about it, I don't think I've ever used annonymous UUCP with
:any version.
:
:						Greg Woods.

  Unless you have source to HDB Uucp, or have a version compiled with the
NOSTRANGERS ifdef undefined, you are out of luck.  The default compile
is to not allow any communication onless the caller is in the Systems file.

Randy