REMOTE REJECT Failure (also annonymous uucp)

Greg Woods woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Sun Aug 14 08:53:24 AEST 1988

Does anyone know of any special tricks required to allow annonymous UUCP
connections to HDB Uucp, specifically 386/ix's version?

I tried a Permissions entry for LOGNAME=nuucp, and MACHINE=OTHER, and
combinations of both, merged, and not merged, but I always get "call
from unknown system" messages.  As soon as I put an entry in the Systems
file, all works fine, even if they login as nuucp.

I've had a fair amount of experience with HDB Uucp, and V7 Uucp, but
when I think about it, I don't think I've ever used annonymous UUCP with
any version.

--
						Greg Woods.

UUCP: utgpu!woods, utgpu!{ontmoh, ontmoh!ixpierre}!woods
VOICE: (416) 242-7572 [h]		LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada