Interlan drops a byte?

Pierre LAFORGUE pierre at imag.imag.fr
Wed Aug 24 01:24:27 AEST 1988

In article <3210 at cs.utexas.edu> fletcher at cs.utexas.edu (Fletcher Mattox) writes:
>Has anybody else seen a 4.3BSD VAX with an Interlan Ethernet interface
>drop a byte of data?  Well, that's what we're seeing.
>For example, if you
>	% rsh remotehost cat 183_byte_file
>and the remotehost is a 4.3/Interlan host, the rsh will fail.

Your report is not very accurate; I think it depends of the Interlan
interface.
Here, we are using the both types: NI1010A and NP100. Both work well (I tried
your test, of course).
May be your problem comes from your software driver. For instance, the original
BSD4.3 NP100 driver was bugged.
You may ask Un. of Berkeley for the updated driver.
--
Pierre LAFORGUE
pierre at imag.imag.fr      pierre at imag.UUCP      uunet.uu.net!imag!pierre