Interlan drops a byte?

Fletcher Mattox fletcher at cs.utexas.edu
Sun Aug 28 08:32:15 AEST 1988

In article <3334 at imag.imag.fr> pierre at imag.UUCP (Pierre LAFORGUE) writes:
>In article <3210 at cs.utexas.edu> fletcher at cs.utexas.edu (Fletcher Mattox) writes:
>>Has anybody else seen a 4.3BSD VAX with an Interlan Ethernet interface
>>drop a byte of data?  Well, that's what we're seeing.
>>For example, if you
>>	% rsh remotehost cat 183_byte_file
>>and the remotehost is a 4.3/Interlan host, the rsh will fail.
>

>Your report is not very accurate;

Well, no.  The report is quite accurate.  Maybe it's not as complete
as it could have been, though.  :-)

	card:		Interlan BD-N11010, rev C, assy rev A, S.N A-103.
	transceiver:	Interlan NA1010
	driver:		@(#)if_de.c     7.1 (Berkeley) 6/5/86

It does appear that nobody else has seen this, so I'm still a little
puzzled.  Someone did mention that Interlan shipped some bad cards
about five years ago which had a similar problem.  Our card is
at least that old.  Anyway, I've quite worrying about it and just
replaced it with a DEUNA, since we have plenty of those.

Thanks to all who responded.

Fletcher