Post-UNIX UNIX (Re: AT&T Joining OSF)

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.ARPA
Fri Aug 19 05:06:46 AEST 1988

In article <1271 at ficc.UUCP> peter at ficc.UUCP (Peter da Silva) writes:
>Any way of dragging research UNIX out of AT&T? It's not doing us
>much good in there.

A few selected universities have it (at least one in NJ and one in Oz).
I think you would have to persuade Bell Labs that you have something to
contribute before they would seriously consider letting you have a copy.

So long as we get to hear about the results of the research done inside,
I would disagree that it's not doing us much good.

Also, several research UNIX features have made it into recent releases
of the commercial product, in one form or another.