!!! HELP !!! Problem with UNIX cu

The Beach Bum jfh at rpp386.UUCP
Thu Aug 18 15:00:19 AEST 1988

In article <556 at mcl.UUCP> stacy at mcl.UUCP (Stacy L. Millions) writes:
>In article <5089 at rpp386.UUCP>, jfh at rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) writes:
>> having typed all that ... does anyone have a clone of cu?
>
>I found one that seems to work reasonable well after I hacked at it
>for a while (I just can't leave anything alone :-). If memory serves
>I got it off of Sandy Zelkoviz's BBS at 1(714)898-8634.

i now have a cu clone which three different people sent.  it works
perfectly with the dial(3) package i have written.  what i want to
know now is, who wrote the sucker and what are the copyright terms.

i think it is the same version as is available on sandy's bbs.  the
internal documentation mentions having been hacked on by sandy, but
doesn't list the original author or what the copyright terms are.

i want to include it in the dial() posting i am about to make but
don't want to get in trouble with at&t again this year ...
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with