REMOTE REJECT Failure

Sam Vause vause at cs-col.Columbia.NCR.COM
Fri Aug 12 21:45:43 AEST 1988

In article <218 at pigs.UUCP> haugj at pigs.UUCP (Joe Bob Willie) writes:
>In article <749 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>>Here's a portion of a debug file I got while trying to call a neighbor.
>>He claims that he (a 3B2/400 running SysV R3) is set up as per the
>>Nutshell UUCP book.  Can anyone help us?  Thanks.
>[ stuff deleted ]
>>imsg >^PRLOGIN^@msg-RLOGIN
>>HANDSHAKE FAILED: REMOTE REJECT AFTER LOGIN
>i had this just last week ;-).  uucp is unable to read one of the
>files that it needs.  the problem i had was that uucico was SUID

I, too, have had this one recently.  Took me nearly 6 hours to figure it out.
Final solution:  I had to add a "LOGNAME=nuucp" entry to the Permissions file
for the "nuucp" login which was trying to call in....

|Sam Vause, NCR Corporation, Customer Services - TOWER Support	   |
|3325 Platt Springs Road, West Columbia, SC 29169 (803) 791-6953   |
|                                vause at cs-col.Columbia.NCR.COM     |
|		...!ucbvax!sdcsvax!ncr-sd!ncrcae!cs-col!vause      |