REMOTE REJECT Failure

Joe Bob Willie haugj at pigs.UUCP
Thu Aug 11 03:16:05 AEST 1988

In article <749 at mccc.UUCP> pjh at mccc.UUCP (Pete Holsberg) writes:
>Here's a portion of a debug file I got while trying to call a neighbor.
>He claims that he (a 3B2/400 running SysV R3) is set up as per the
>Nutshell UUCP book.  Can anyone help us?  Thanks.

[ stuff deleted ]

>imsg >^PRLOGIN^@msg-RLOGIN
>HANDSHAKE FAILED: REMOTE REJECT AFTER LOGIN

i had this just last week ;-).  uucp is unable to read one of the
files that it needs.  the problem i had was that uucico was SUID
nuucp and the uucp files were owned by uucp.  your remote system
probably thinks you are an unknown machine.  i'd start by checking
the permissions on your Systems file.
--
 jfh at rpp386.uucp	(The Beach Bum at The Big "D" Home for Wayward Hackers)
     "Never attribute to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity"