Was (Re: Plan 9?) Now moved to comp.std.unix

Paul Dumais dumais at attcan.UUCP
Sat Aug 27 02:04:51 AEST 1988

In article <282 at umbio.MIAMI.EDU>, jherr at umbio.MIAMI.EDU (Jack Herrington) writes:
> So how many re-writes of UNIX do we have running right now, let me
> see how many I know of.
> (list deleted)
> There have to be others, maybe I can keep sort of a running list and
> post it to both here and 'rec.humor'!.

  Jack, don't bother. I really don't think we need to drag this around this
newsgroup any more. *I* feel that this whole discussion belongs in a group
like comp.std.unix.

  Besides, as I read your list of >"rewrites"< I had to comment that the only
ones that are compatable with each other OR compatable with each other *AND*
some of the  _other_  UNIX-like OS' are the AT&T products.

  If you want to flame me do it by email, don't post to this group.
--
Paul E. Dumais                          AT&T Canada Inc., Toronto
Client Instructor - Data Systems        3650 Victoria Park Avenue