BSD 9.2 [History of BSD Unix]

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Tue Aug 30 07:14:23 AEST 1988

As quoted from <2805 at utah-gr.UUCP> by donn at utah-gr.UUCP (Donn Seeley):
+---------------
| 	From: allbery at ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery)

| 	I have heard that Berkeley is taking the time to divide the BSD
| 	sources into the part that requires an AT&T license and the
| 	part that doesn't.  Which side will the Pascal compiler fall on?
|
| This is one of the few times I've heard anyone express any desire to use
| Berkeley Pascal except as a last resort,

You got a better idea?  One that doesn't require us to shell out money we
don't have to buy a commercial Pascal (for a machine that runs an outdated
OS!)?  (Yes, I know about "p2c", but it's not the same thing, really.
Although fancy front-ends might succeed in making it look similar to a real
Pascal compiler.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	    For comp.sources.misc send mail to ncoast!sources-misc