Porting csh to System V - guide needed

Ron Guilmette rfg at nsc.nsc.com
Fri Aug 19 09:56:12 AEST 1988

Since time immemorial, dedicated men & women of all different races, creeds,
and companies (not to mention Universities) have struggled in their loneliness
to port the C-shell to System V.  I seem to recall that one of them even was
posting some of his sad recollections here recently.

Will that person (or other persons with similar knowledge) please stand up.

I am a C-shell addict, and all I have now is a very crippled port which needs
a lot of work.  Rather than re-inventing this particular wheel, I'm hoping
that someone who reads this will send me some netmail and just plain tell me
what has to be done.

Of course, the optimum thing would be if someone just sent me diffs for the 4.3
csh, but that would be too good to hope for.  Just some helpful hints, such as
"fix the xxyyz" would, I'm sure, save me a lot of time.

Ron Guilmette
National SemiConductor
Internet: rfg at nsc.nsc.com   or   amdahl!nsc!rfg at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Uucp: ...{pyramid,sun,amdahl,apple}!nsc!rfg
--
Ron Guilmette
National SemiConductor
Internet: rfg at nsc.nsc.com   or   amdahl!nsc!rfg at ames.arc.nasa.gov
Uucp: ...{pyramid,sun,amdahl,apple}!nsc!rfg