V9 Availability

Naim Abdullah naim at eecs.nwu.edu
Tue Aug 30 11:32:59 AEST 1988

Dennis Ritchie wrote:
>I am not pleased to see my (and Brian's) private correspondence to
>George Leach published in comp.unix.wizards by Naim Abdullah.
>Both of them abused our good will.

I simply reposted an article that I read in comp.os.research sometime ago.
Since it had been published in comp.os.research about a year ago, I thought
that was the "policy" statement from Bell Labs.

Here are the headers which I deleted because I thought nobody would be
interested.

>From: reggie at pdnbah.uucp (George Leach)
>Date: Thu, 22 Oct 87 11:43:07 CDT
>Subject: BTL research UNIXes
>Newsgroups: comp.os.research
>Sender: darrell at sdcsvax.UCSD.EDU

I am MORTIFIED and really embarassed. I sincerely apologize to Dennis Ritchie
and Brian Kernighan. It was unintentional.

>	Dennis Ritchie

		      Naim Abdullah
		      Dept. of EECS,
		      Northwestern University