dumping core on *(NULL) is not a function of your processor

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Wed Aug 3 14:26:27 AEST 1988

In article <3642 at palo-alto.DEC.COM>, vixie at palo-alto.DEC.COM (Paul Vixie) writes:
[discussion on magic numbers here]

> COFF won't do as-is, but it's a step in the right direction.

Unrelated to the original topic, I seem to recall hearing of
a new version of COFF in the works.  Since the dpANS requires
at least 12 levels of ptr/array/fcn declarators and COFF only
provides for six*, I would suspect that somebody is working on
this.  Anybody have any word?

     Steve

[*] - 12-level support in the symbol table is not required for
ANSI conformance, but it is likely that somebody will want SDB
to know how to fully work with one of these programs...

--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc.  +1 714 545 6442    3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl