dumping core on *(NULL) is not a function of your processor

Guy Harris guy at gorodish.Sun.COM
Tue Aug 2 05:26:40 AEST 1988

> of expecting an ld option to appear in 4.4 that makes this an option.  It's
> complicated because the kernel need to know about it also, and nobody wants
> to allocate another magic number (or another set of them, really) and it's
> hard to decide how else to pass the option in to the kernel.  Got any ideas?

John Bruner, when he added "-Z" to "ld", added a new magic number for it, I
think; it's like ZMAGIC only it leaves page 0 out of the address space.  I
don't see any horrible problem with adding a new magic number.