INGRES hacks, bug fixes, etc.

Rich Morin rdm at cfcl.UUCP
Sat Feb 27 04:05:17 AEST 1988

The Good News:

Last Fall, the Sun Microsystems User Group (SUG) put out its second tape of
user contributed software.  One of the major packages included on the tape
was a copy of University INGRES.  (mail sun!users for details)

The Bad News:

There are no doubt countless bug fixes and improvements lying around in
Netland for this software.  Unfortunately, there is no official (other
than RTI :-) repository for them.  This may be due, in part, to the
quasi-licensed status that the previous INGRES distributions have had.

The Pitch:

Send 'em in!!!  I will collect bug reports, fixes, hacks, names of folks,
and so forth.  Given time, I will look into hacking around a bit.  Failing
that, I will make the repository available to anyone who wants it.  Let's
see if we can create (find? resurrect?) a community to use and support
this package...
--

  _ o  _ |_     _ _   _   _ o  _          Canta Forda Computer Laboratory