AT&T/Sun merged UNIX

Charles L Ditzel benoni at ssc-vax.UUCP
Fri Feb 19 16:29:10 AEST 1988

In article <1988Feb16.182913.226 at utzoo.uucp>, henry at utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
> An observation occurred to me at Usenix:  the problem with the people who
> talk about bringing SysV and BSD together is that they don't want to narrow
> the gap between the two, they want to fill it in.

An observation occurred to me last night :) the problem with the people that
are know griping the most about AT&T and Sun bring SysV and BSD together are
the people that would have sold you their very own closed systems yesterday.
:^)

(Did you also notice that their the companies that don't have a large
marketshare in the workstation market OR they are losing market share
REAL fast!!)

Like DEC and Apollo...(Funny DEC and Apollo didn't complain when Mr. Joy
gave them BSD 4.[23]... :^)