Prompt, etc.

Ric Messier ram at lscvax.UUCP
Thu Feb 18 06:31:58 AEST 1988

Perhaps I didn't get the joke either, but 'set prompt = "."' doesn't
work on this machine. We are running 4.3 BSD here and I am in csh. Also,
PS1 = "." which is the same thing, doesn't work either. No big surprise
there, I suspect. Any idea why?

While we are on the subject of things not working, I would like to know
why I can't get my sysline to work. I am on a VT100 but I can't seem to
get a sysline. Meanwhile, not an hour away, Dartmouth is also running
what I believe to be the same version of Unix but they can get it to
work. Is it me? Is it local? Am I a raving lunatic who doesn't have any
idea what he is talking about or do I have a legitimate concern about
world peace? Any help anyone can offer is and will be greatly
appreciated.

--
- Kilroy                                                 ram at lscvax.UUCP
'Just what cowpatch is Lyndonville, Vermont in anyway?'

                                                         *** Can't deal, &CRASH