Prompt, etc.

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Fri Feb 19 21:43:53 AEST 1988

In article <392 at lscvax.UUCP> ram at lscvax.UUCP (Ric Messier) writes:
>why I can't get my sysline to work. I am on a VT100 but I can't seem to
>get a sysline.

The termcap (or terminfo) decsription that matches your TERM environment
variable value (i.e. terminal-type name) must have entries for "status
line" features in order for sysline to work.  The normal "vt100" entry
doesn't have these; however, they can be provided by using the scrolling
region feature of the VT100.  There are often entries for "vt100-s" and
"vt100-s-bot" that support sysline; try setting your TERM environment
variable to one of these.