What to do when close() fails?

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.UUCP
Fri Feb 5 04:02:01 AEST 1988

A question for those of you with UNIX kernel source code:

     If you call open() on a device file, and you then call close() on
     the open file descriptor, but the driver for that device reports an
     error on the close, is the file descriptor closed or not?

We are running SCO Xenix System V, but we're interested in the results
for all types of machines.

Please E-mail and I'll post a summary.
--
Chip Salzenberg                 UUCP: "{codas,uunet}!ateng!chip"
A T Engineering                 My employer's opinions are a trade secret.