bulletin board facility

Clif Flynt clif at chinet.UUCP
Wed Feb 17 02:14:37 AEST 1988

  Another conferencing system for unix:

Caucus

Camber-Roth
609 Cloverdale
Ann Arbor, MI  48105

  I've used both this and PicoSpan, and while I like Pico for myself, I
can see where Caucus has advantages for the novice user.  The main advantage
of Caucus is while it was developed and runs under unix, it has also
but been ported to MS-DOS, VM/CMS, VMS, and a few other O/S's.

  Caucus and Pico both support mail messages, and stuff like that as well
as conferencing.  Pico does most of this by escaping to the shell, and
running the unix utilities, while Caucus has it's own mail and finger type
commands built in.

  Last I checked, pricing for both systems was equivalent.  (Well, close,
anyhow.)